How to: Clean Your Gloves
Most of us know what it's like to work hard & sweat hard! However, a lot of us forget about cleaning hard, am I right?
Why Clean Your Gloves?
After a hard workout, you're probably dripping in sweat. Your body's feeling great, your mind's feeling focused, but when we take off our gloves and throw them in our bags, we tend to forget just how much of that sweat has been absorbed by our beloved gloves.
When sweat sits for a long period of time in an enclosed space, like a glove, sock or shoe, it can create a pretty active breeding ground for all sorts of unwanted bacteria, fungus, and disease. When you clean your gloves, you're not only preventing the spread of these unwanted terrible things, you also significantly increase the life of your gloves!
We love our gloves because they protect our hands, and they're amazing tools to allow us to punch hard and feel good. So, taking care of them is one of the most important things we can do as boxers.
How To Clean Your Gloves:
1. Right after training, thoroughly spray an anti-bacterial + anti-fungal spray throughout your gloves. There are plenty of brands out there-- one of our favorites is Clear Gear which you can find on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/36FSFMt
2. Allow your gloves to dry for about 5-10 minutes. Insert tools that will help capture the moisture, such as Meister Glove Dogs-- this helps keep your gloves dry overnight & smelling fresh! You can find them here: https://amzn.to/2RKACRb
3. DO NOT let your gloves sit in your bag overnight. Hang them or lay them down outside of your bag to dry. Gloves should be completely dry before next use
How To Clean Your Hand-wraps:
1. After training, do not roll your hand-wraps back up. We DO NOT want to trap the sweat in them
2. Throw them in a delicates laundry bag & include it in your next wash
3. You can either hang dry them or dry them on low heat inside the delicates bag
For more equipment recommendations, visit our shop page: www.brennanmma.com/shopfaves
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com